Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How did you do that?

My boys are early risers.  Most mornings are quiet, peaceful and calm.  Each boy has time alone to eat breakfast, brush their teeth, shave, etc.

This morning Andy was running a bit late- 5 minutes late. This alteration meant both boys were at the pill box at the same time.

Andy:  Michael, I need to get my pills!

Michael:  Just a minute Andy-jeez!

(I'm in the living room watching the news)

Me:  Guys...guys...guys!  NOBODY TALK TO ANYBODY!

Michael comes into the living room and plops into the couch. Unfortunately this keeps him in Andy's line of sight and within ear shot.

Andy:  Michael- that's better.  You need to keep out of my way!

Michael:  Andy, who the hell are you to tell me what to do?!

Me:  That is ENOUGH!  Michael, no swearing!

Andy: (in his best sarcastic tone)  Yeah Michael, no swearing!

Michael starts to growl, his body tenses up, his hands turn into fists.  At this point I'm forced to get off my fat arse and stand in front of Michael, demanding eye contact.

Me:  Just... Let... It... Go.

Michael:  He can't talk to me like that!

Me:  Michael, he's autistic. 

Michael:  SO AM I!!!

Me: Not like him, duh!

Michael stops for a moment to ponder that and finally I see his shoulders drop, a smirk crossed his face. 

Michael:  How did you just do that?

Me: Do what?

Michael:  Trick me into wishing I was more autistic?

Me:  What can I say- its a gift!

We both had a chuckle.  Andy however, wasn't quite finished...

Andy:  Miiiiiccchhhaaaeeell...if Kelsey were here, she would agree with me too!

Even Michael had to laugh Andy's attempt to get the last word.  I think my boys are growing up a little more than I tend to give them credit.  I think Kelsey would agree with me when I say "Happy Tuesday everyone!"

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys so much and I can picture this all in my mind!

    ReplyDelete