Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Random thoughts on a random day...

Grandma starts chemo next week- finally!  After weeks of scrambling between doctors, trying to balance my family, implementing new behavior plans, and other stupid crap- I have been spending a quiet morning with my favorite coffee mug- (trying to resist the urge to add some Bailey's Irish Cream). 

I'm processing the last few weeks and making lists. I realized that I have the most random list of thoughts going through my brain today...let me give you a glimpse into my noggin:

I need to do FAFSA for both Mike and Kelsey this week.  (This woke me up at 3am one morning scrambling for a calendar to confirm to due date- April 1st in our state)

Get a reasonable explanation ready for when Grandma loses her hair at the end of the month.  Andy isn't going to fall for Grandma's wig.  He's going to ask A LOT of questions.

The new washable potty pads I bought aren't indestructible (in spite of the package's claim).  2 puppies destroyed it in less than 20 minutes.  I have 2 left.  I now put them away when I leave.  The puppies piddle on the floor when I'm gone...completely against the reason I bought them in the first place!

The roundabout on Evergreen really should have a sign for winter road conditions. In spite of new tires, 15 mph on glare ice will still allow you to slide sideways into a snow bank.  Lesson learned- only one witness, got out of the snow without calling AAA.

I have seen my mother-in-law's boob way to many times.  Cancer still sucks.

Phoebe, my grand fish, died last week.  I wish Kelsey had not done a porcelain burial; it would have been nice to bury her out by the maple tree.  Is it weird to order a garden plaque for a beta fish?

We got a new dishwasher on Saturday.  I over estimated how many times John would say "That $90 install fee is looking pretty good right now."  He only said it 7 times, I guessed 22 times.  I under estimated the number of trips to the hardware store.  I guessed one trip, we actually made 2 trips.

I need a cleaning lady.  I'm hoping she accepts grateful tears of joy for payment.

Sitting in the backseat of my car allows one to feel every fish tale slide on the highway.  Realizing your husband still has the cruise control on and his foot over the gas pedal (and not the brake) is grounds for a nervous breakdown.  Being referred to as a backseat driver for moaning when the car slides like a carnival ride- is grounds for divorce! 

March Madness is my least favorite time of the year.  Mike has no less than 2 blow ups a season over losses.  One would think he had a million dollars riding on a single game.

One of my puppies doesn't weigh enough.  Apparently they can achieve enough height at the counter edge to pull out an iPad power cube from the wall plug.  I figure if I make them fat enough they won't get the vertical lift needed to cause such destruction.

I need to reconfigure the men's sock drawers in my house.  Andy only had one pair after I folded a full week's worth of laundry.  Thankfully, he has enough underwear.  When I checked John and Mike's drawers for socks, I could barely open each one because they were so full. 

After the Christmas Day fiasco- I almost swapped the boys pill boxes again.  Must be more vigilant- or perhaps it is time I actually wrote the boys names on the top of each box versus the bottom (which I apparently never look at!)

Those aren't nose prints on my front window- I call it puppy art!

I like winter.  No bugs to freak me out.  No pollen to make me miserable.  Fall is okay too- especially after the first freeze when the bugs and pollen go away.

What gets chewed up at 10am, will most like get puked onto my king sized, down filled comforter at 2:30am the next morning.

My girlfriends are the best. Without each and every one of them- my random thoughts would be occurring on the Psych ward.









2 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome, terrific post. I needed that funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brain and my brain should get together and be friends. I don't let my puppies sleep with me for that exact reason. my son ran out of sweatpants and refused to wear jeans, so it was pj's to target until the first load was done. my husband tried to fix the dryer (I knew he couldn't) had to call in the brother-in-law at 11pm.

    ReplyDelete